Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thank goodness it's over

It's amazing how I fill my time, doing something with my hands. The forced rest was painful (in more ways than one)!. For the first time in years, I was bored!!! Yes, bored!! I played games, read, played more games. And I was still bored! It's been a while since I've been stuck for what to do. The real issue is my hands were idle. I stopped ALL activity to really rest my hands. Luckily it paid off and a few days later I was back on the horse. I've never been happier to pick up a needle!

I've been spending time reweaving the warps on the purse. I even worked on it on the bus journey home from work. Once, a last sat near me was impressed by it. She asked to hold it and seemed to enjoy the feel!


Anyway, I finished reweaving the ends and started joining the sides. With this one, I decided on odd-count peyote for the join. I like the solidness and sturdiness it affords. I got an idea for the strap while searching online for Swarovski crystal beads and pendants. I'll have to see the element in person so I can work out some measurements.

Joining the sides of the purse

The fringe design is still eluding me. If anyone has any ideas I'd be glad to hear them. There is something I saw, but think t would be too chunky. I'll continue pondering on it, luckily there's still a little time.

I'll be starting the Nelson Mandela bracelet soon....or rather as soon as I empty the loom! So by Sunday it has to be freed up. I've got to buy one colour on Monday then I'll be good to go. I shifted the pattern down so the face would sit in the middle (thanks Noreen). But I've yet to decide what to do with the blank area above. Perhaps a bead soup could work.....I'll decide when I get to it.

I had a little shock when we got home from the beach on Sunday. My husband had cleared the 'cloakroom' and had put my violin in the corridor along with some other things that needed throwing away! It's a good thing he didn't do it that day, I would have been crying!! I've put it back where it was *sigh of relief*

So I have a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully Sunday I'll be more up to date. Till then, have a good evening.

No comments: