Friday, August 24, 2012

Almost there

It's been a good week! I've made good progress on joining the sides of the purse. Since the last post, I've finished joining one side, and I'm left with about 1/4 on the other seam. And I have to say I like the way it's looking!

Untitled

It was also easy enough to figure out how to stitch the peyote section and base together so it's completely sealed on the 'corners'. I took some close ups for when I have to the other side, and for future reference. Those extension tubes for my camera are very handy now!

Closeup

I'm thinking about the strap/handle and fringe while I work. For the strap I'm thinking perhaps this. I'll leave you to imagine what it may look like :)


I haven't had time to work on those bracelets and the strip for the violin yet. I work an extra day from home now, so it's one less day of beading. But more money at least :) I've been waking up by about 7:10 these days to get some in before the minis wake up. I've also learnt to take (more) regular breaks. So now I (try to) bead for about 15-20mins then break for about 5-10mins. I find it hard to start-stop so much, but I shall just grin and bear it because it's for my benefit.

This morning as has become my routine, I woke early and worked on joining the side. I managed to do quite a bit but had to put away for work and then having my hair done. I would have gone back to it this evening but my thumb is feeling the strain!

I have a commission to start planning for. It will be another (colour) portrait of newlyweds. I will probably try and work on the pattern over the coming days. I don't know if I'm allowed to share it online so, erring on the side of caution, I will keep it hidden unless I'm told otherwise.

Hopefully the next time I blog the seam will be done and I'll be doing the lining. The part I'm most dreading as it involves a sewing machine :D That grin is pure front! But good enough I have enough lining material to make mistakes!

Tomorrow is an early start so I bid you goodnight. Enjoy your Saturday :)

No comments: