Sunday, June 10, 2012

Not quite conquered but almost there!

The thing I was fearing the most is over...at least partly! A a participant in the Social market for a Mirrix, we have to post a YouTube video every two weeks. I had NEVER posted a video, let alone a recording of myself! But yesterday I decided to grab the bull by the horns and go for it. I was worried about not making it long enough (i.e. more than 2 minutes) but it actually turned out longer than I had anticipated - close to 11! I cut out a little to shorten it - according to YouTube it was going to take at least two hours to upload!

Anyway here is the result.



Yes that's really the same person speaking in both sections. My voice seems to have had a mind of its' own last night :) Sorry about the quality. As said this is my first time recording a video. Hopefully by the end I will be better and more confident. But otherwise I hope the content is of interest. If there is something you would like to see, please let me know and I will try to oblige.

For now I have to head to bed, tomorrow is work. I also need to decide what project to get onto the loom after I'm done weaving this sample. I've still got the shedding device and yarn setup on there. I think I may try out some patterning in weaving the it it off and. Just keep as something to look at. There is a particular project I want to really make a start on, but need to buy the beads for it - about 35-40 colours in total I think. I have a little of some of them but they're being used on other loomings. I may start buying slowly to replenish stock then I can start. It's quite a...large project but is a very exciting one. Hopefully I can begin on it soon.

I bid you a good night and good Monday!

No comments: