Saturday, January 1, 2011

Social Market for a Mirrix

Welcome to 2011 everyone!

It’s a new year and there’s a new weaving on the loom. It’s so nice to finally be back in the studio weaving that I’m just enjoying the process and letting this piece evolve. I’m using an 8-dent coil and the loom is warped with a warp thread through every other dent to accommodate the bulk of the yarn I’m working with. The width of the piece is 10 inches and I’ve started out with Tahki Maya yarn. I love, love, LOVE this yarn because you get such an interesting texture when you weave with it. Right now I’m not sure what other yarns I’m going to be using. I have a box of candidates sitting beside my work table and I’ll just see what strikes my fancy when I finish the sections I’m currently working on.


One of my goals for 2011 is to be more aggressive about promoting my artwork and part of that process is going to be entering shows. The first show on my calendar is the Handweavers Guild of America’s Small Expressions 2011 with a deadline of 03/07/11. So, I’m hoping some of the pieces I finish between now and the end of the “Social Market for a Mirrix” campaign on 02/28/11 will be viable options for submission.

No comments: