Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Social Market for a Mirrix

I finally just said enough is enough, hid myself away in the studio on Monday, and spent some time weaving. So there’s been a bit of progress since the last post. I’m looking forward to finishing this weaving because I have a couple of techniques I want to experiment with once it’s off the loom. I’ll share more of those details once I’m closer to being finished.

Remember the first piece I completed?

I needed a portable project so I’ve finally started embellishing it and will have something to show you on Saturday. Working on that first weaving again reminded me how much I like weaving with yarns that have variegated colors and textures.

Mirrix is having a post-holiday loom sale so everything is 15% off in the Mirrix store with the code: 15offeverything. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the Mirrix Loom newsletter. Each week you’ll receive information about the latest deals, “how-to” videos, classes, contests, and featured artists. It looks like Elena and Claudia have lots of new content heading our way in 2011 and I know I’m looking forward to seeing what they’ve been working on. I seem to remember seeing a tweet recently about a new loom.

No comments: