I started by weaving a ½ border at the bottom with #5 pearl cotton embroidery thread in order to give it some stability. The piece is 10 inches wide and right now is feeling a little too “bunchy”. I’m not sure I’m all that wild about the Ozark Handspun yarn either. So, here’s where I’m at right now…
The first picture below shows the Ozark Handspun yarn. As you can see, it’s a very rough, unfinished fiber. The second and third pictures show the additional fibers I had planned to pull from.
Before I invest any more time going in a direction I don’t think I’m going to be happy with, I may pull out what I’ve done, start with selections from the random yarns, then fill in smaller sections with the Ozark Handspun because I really do like those “feathery” sections.
I’m still going for a fiber collage and I did say this was going to be experimental so please bear with me while I sort things out. I think once I get going in the right direction, the piece will come together fairly quickly.