Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lotus SLN

The Mirrix is perfect for an SLN!

My next looming is something I have shared earlier, but needed to take some time off to complete a few commissions and other projects. I'll be looming full force on this SLN, (split loomed necklace), from now on. To start, I am sharing a picture of where I am to date.

In the picture above, you notice the loomed base of my SLN, being the large part of my pattern, A Lotus. Also attached are a few of the petals, I am hand weaving. The entire Lotus will be completed with 3D petals and leaves. Here are few that I haven't attached yet.

After I complete the bulk of the 'petal additions', then I will complete the lower end of the looming, all the while I will be scribbling and graphing out some interesting designs for the upper looming. The warp weights attached are giving me 'creative license' to make some neat designs! The Mirrix is also perfect for utilizing the warp weight method!

No comments: