Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A New Bead Looming Tool!

Sometimes my direction of creativety starts with the 'idea'. Other times it is born from seeing a new tool. I think in this new project, both of these means crashed together at the same time!

I am going to keep you in suspense a bit longer. However, let me share the new Looming Tool I have created. It isn't even named yet, but it works great.


The lampwork beads, you see above, are created by one of the most creative Lamp Work Artists I have ever seen, Venessa Hearn. She has the talent and patience to create some gorgeous lamp work beads, but she also is willing to step outside of her box. When I ask for a particular glass bead, Venessa won't hesitate to take on the challenge, using 'my own vision' and allow her hands/techniques/talent create from my personal direction. You can find Venessa Hearn here, Bead Up A Storm .

The attachment you see on the end of each lamp work glass fob, is really a necklace separator! I added that to allow multiple threads to be attached. (Will the threads be warps or wefts? Wait and see!) I'll bet this idea can be accomplished with fiber, as well!


I am fitting this new idea into my looming schedule, only because the idea has been burning a hole in my daily looming progress. I have to get this out of the way, as well as finish my Lotus SLN. It is wonderful to feel the 'drive', when a new idea hits!

No comments: