Friday, February 25, 2011

Creating a 'picture fringe'!

Not too long ago, I shared a picture of the 'picture fringe' I completed on the Lotus SLN. Now I would like to explain how I completed this to keep the 'design/pattern' in order.

Here is the picture of what I shared. You will notice that the fringe is holding the graphed design, very well. You can actually make out the design I graphed. Not often, does the fringe work out in that way, especially with a graphed picture.

To keep the fringe 'picture' in order, I ran a thread through each of the fringes, after completing the over all picture. It didn't matter where I ran the tread, just that it held each of the fringes together. Notice the red lines, in the picture below. This is the direction I ran a new black thread, picking up a few on one fringe then going to the fringe next to it and picking up a few more beads, then back again. I completed this trail throughout the entire fringed area.


Holding the fringe spread apart with my fingers, you can see the thread holding each strand together. However, it is not noticeable in the first picture, after I complete sewing each strand together. This will now hold my design and still resemble a fringed picture!


Not every fringe needs this extra attention, but it is nice to do when you want to create a picture or extend a picture from your looming, into the fringe.

No comments: