Thursday, July 29, 2010

Breakfast list, Perspective, and Color

CloudsAt Convergence I took a full day photography workshop with Gregory Case. I now know what to look for in the camera that I choose, plus a lot of other things to do when taking pictures of my work. I’m sure it will require practice, which, of course, is the problem.

After seeing the Abstraction exhibit at the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, I was reminded again of the nuances of color and perspective. The painting that I liked better was one of her seashells, but I can’t find a picture of it anywhere. It also was done in varying shades of white, gray, and black, similar to the painting below. The one below is also on display, titled, I believe, Abstraction, White Rose, 1927.imageThis mini poster is 14”H  x 11”W, and is part of the Georgia O’Keeffe Abstraction exhibition, currently on display at the museum. 

While I was looking for a copy of the seashell picture, I found the painting below from the Chicago Institute of Art. It’s all about perspective—and color!

image

Black Cross, New Mexico, 1929

Oil on canvas

99.2 x 76.3 cm

The Art Institute of Chicago Purchase Fund, 1943.95

Thanks to Kimberly for the breakfast list below:

  • Goldy's Breakfast Bistro - Boise, Idaho
  • Bijou Cafe - Portland, Oregon

Anybody have more to add?

No comments: